Work experience is an opportunity for young people to experience the workplace and is for 10 working days or less. These opportunities are unpaid, and the young person should not be rewarded in benefits.
Work experience can be offered to young people aged between 14 - 25 years old.
Work experience provides opportunities for individuals to develop their essential skills and to gain valuable experience in the workplace. It is intended to give young people an understanding of working life and the discipline and skills which should be demonstrated in the workplace. Our objectives:
- Inspire and educate young people, giving them a taste of the careers that are available at Thalia
- Provide a positive and engaging work experience placement for young people
- Give young people the opportunity to develop their essential skills
- Provide opportunities to young people who face barriers or are under represented in the workplace
- Promote science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) opportunities
- Help enable a diverse pipeline of future talent to join and grow with Thalia
- Use the skills, resources and enthusiasm of Amey employees and our partners to participate in our young people projects