Our Engineers acquire a deep understanding of both site processes and technology and assume the role of site experts at each operation. Dependent on the role, our engineers provide technical support and expertise to the onsite operational teams, they solve mechanical plant related issues and carry out planned and unplanned maintenance and play an active role in plant safety schemes. Below are some of the roles that we typically recruit for and the qualification(s) and/experience required:
Electrical Controls and Implementation Engineer
This role takes responsibility of all control systems on site, provides technical support to the operational team by resolving electrical, control and instrumentation related challenges and manages the completion of PPMs and Annual compliance of instrument.
- Certificate in Safety Instrumented Systems
- Recognised EC&I Apprenticeship Scheme
- ONC/HNC in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
This role is responsible for the management of the maintenance teams on site, managing reactive maintenance and maintenance change programmes to reduce acute delays. In addition, our Maintenance Managers forward plan and manage plant outage maintenance, and inspections in-line with lifecycle requirements of the plant as well as the selection, monitoring and supervision of 3rd party contractors involved in maintenance.
- HNC/HND in Engineering
Our Mechanical Technicians provide technical support to the operational team, solving mechanical plant related issues and maintenance. They play an active role in plant safety schemes such as Near Misses or Incident Investigations and provide support where required implementing any recommendations arising from such schemes.
- Generic mechanical system design
- High pressure systems
- Mechanical applications for process industry
- Engineering design for hazardous areas
- Preparation of work scope packages for installation and commissioning
- Various valves and pump types
The Process Engineer role is to ensure that the process is operated within the agreed parameters and that any changes made are reviewed by operations and undertaken in a safe way, giving rise to a robust and reliable process which in turn will ensure that the plant can be run efficiently to maximise return on investment.
- Degree in Electronics/Controls/Electrical/Computing engineering or similar
- Experience in Control Systems, asset management including CMMS, data analysis, data visualisation solutions, and reporting
Thermal Plant Operator
Our Thermal Plant Operators ensure the safe and efficient operation of our thermal processing plants to process waste and generate electricity.
- WAMITAB Level 4 Operator Competence for Managing Thermal Treatment Facilities
- National Diploma or NVQ L3 in a relevant subject would be expected as a minimum for this role, or demonstrable operation of an Energy from Waste facility(s)
Our onsite welders are responsible for ensuring that tools, parts and materials are available and production downtime is minimised
- A valid certificate in welding from an accredited institution