Thalia Waste Management have signed up to become a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Disability Confident is creating a movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
It means Thalia Waste Management have committed to:
- ensuring the recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work.
Sarah Moyo, Waste Treatment People and Communications Director, said: “It is important for Thalia to voluntarily sign up to this scheme. It shows our commitment to providing a recruitment process that is equal, fair, transparent and open to all and creates an environment where our people can be supported at all times throughout their career.
“An inclusive and diverse workforce enhances our business as a whole. Everyone has different skills and perspectives – leading to a workplace brimming with diverse ideas and an enhanced culture.”
You can find out more about Disability Confident at: www.gov.uk/disability-confident