This Halloween, join us as we Go Green and say goodbye to the scariest waste monster of them all.
Did you know?
- A single trick-or-treater generates one pound (half a kilo) of waste
- 94% of UK families plan to buy Halloween costumes (4 out of 10 costumes are only worn once each year, 7 million of costumes thrown away)
- 83% of Halloween costumes are non-recyclable using oil-based plastics, meaning they are harmful to the planet.
What’s even scarier…
- Plastic polymer (used in over 63% of Halloween costumes) can take anywhere between 20-500 years to decompose.
- Each year billions is spent on treats for Halloween - usually wrapped in plastic and can’t be recycled! So, think twice before handing out wrappers at your door!