Managing smells and odour
Our Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park, operate to strict procedures and permit rules regulated by the Environment Agency.
How we minimise smells
Smells which may occur are treated by:
- minimising the time waste is held on site and only permitted waste types are accepted
- using fast closing doors, sucking the air into the building and flaring gas when needed
- using filters and releasing emissions from high up chimneys
How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint please see the chart below, which is broken into smell types along with things to consider when reporting a smell. To make sure that it’s dealt with quickly please:
- Let us know at the earliest possibility by completing our Contact Us form
- include the time, date and location where you have experienced the issue
- if possible, note the wind direction
- give a detailed description of the issue – if it is odour related try and describe the smell and how strong it is and has lasted for - see the smell chart below
If you don't feel satisfied, please contact the Environment Agency on 0800 807060 and let them know that you are calling regarding Milton Keynes Waste Recovery Park.